RECIPE: Chocolate Mint Energy Bites
Looking for a quick and easy on-the-go snack idea? Try out these chocolate mint energy bites; you won’t regret it!
Thanks to livingwellmom.com for the delicious recipe idea!
Prep Time: 5 mins
Servings: 24 balls, approx.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut + extra for coating
- 2 Tbsp almond milk (or coconut milk or your favorite dairy-free option)
- 1-1.5 tsp peppermint extract
- Put the walnuts in your food processor and pulse until well chopped.
- Add the dates and pulse again until mixed well.
- Add the cacao, 2/3 cup shredded coconut, peppermint extract, and 1 Tbsp almond milk. Pulse until combined. Add 1 more tbsp of milk if needed (you should be able to roll into balls easily.) Add a little more peppermint extract if you want an extra minty flavour.
- Form into 1″ balls
- Keep refrigerated